Brown Bobblehead Bunny

Music

Saturday 22 August 2015

Words and Promises

" Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth". Matthews 21:28-32

God has always been there for me, I can feel that He is trying to give me a message each month. And I believe that He wants to tell me the meaning of promises for the past few days. Last week, I went to Left's place to clear our minds off on something. I went to his place with the promises he wrote for me back on my 18th birthday and I realized that while promises without action and love, they are just words.

That day, I followed my instincts and walked to Left's house, from the path we used to take to visit his primary school. As I walked along the path, my mind was full of the image of us holding hands together walking and laughing back in the day when we used to be. Time has flied so fast, that everything has turned into memories.  Those memories are like an old film player with no switch off button ; just keeps on playing again and again in your head non-stop...

I slowed down near the tree where we used to lay under, for a while, I just stared at the grass, thinking about our first date, the look he had in his eyes, the words he whispered to me when we were looking at the sky.. "Hey, doesn't that cloud look like a heart to you?"



Maybe I am holding onto him too much, maybe all the promises we once shared were just words and naively, I chose to believe them. But the fact is that it was my feelings that led me to think his words as promises, and in fact, I may have said words where he believed in but then I could not keep up with them because I was lazy and irresponsible. I did not speak with love and actions when I was supposed to, and I gave out promises that were just made up of words.

Now I paid the sacrifice and suffered from the pain for my ignorance and irresponsibility. I wanted to mend the mistakes by keeping up every word I say from now on and actually fulfill the promises I gave out to people because words are empty without actions and commitments.

I do not want to give people hopes up and leave them with a simply apology about me not able to keep up with words I said.  I wanted to be responsible and committed to promises I give out from now. When God says He loves us, He did not hesitate by sending his only son to wash away our sins. He spoke with faithfulness and love, He did not turn away from us even though we have hung Jesus on the cross. God is faithful and does what He promises.

In the world these days, the faithfulness and responsibility are ceasing and this makes us prone to sins and corruptions. Because keeping up with a promise is hard, it requires dedication, hardship and commitment and not everyone can do it because it is a long process. However, that is why it is so precious when someone does fulfill their promises to you. By being responsible and committed to every word we say, this will bring us courage and strengths as we are able to follow and remain faithful to God's words.

"Be thou faithful unto death and I will give you the crown of life. It means that in order to receive the crown of life, we all have to be faithful. You will not miss your crown in Jesus name."Rev 2



No comments:

Post a Comment